Friday, August 1, 2008

It's been awhile

I feel like I have been working really hard, but, really, I haven't been doing much of anything. I just successfully embedded this into the future-homepage for my website, but I'll post the link to that later when I feel like it's really done.

We found out last week that Kyle's first choice school discontinued their Networking Certification program, so we had to rush to find another place for him to go. In a couple weeks, he'll be starting at WTI. Their website looks shitty, but, really, I think it'll be a good place for him. We went for a tour, and they really have a very high-tech program. I'm surprised their website sucks so much. It's also very expensive, but luckily we're very poor at this point so financial aid will be paying for all of it. It's a start.

Nothing else has really been going on. I feel like I should be finding a school for Lily, but she's not even 2 yet. She's so smart though. She stopped saying "open," and now she says "Habley" or something because that's what Dora says. I don't know Spanish. I only assume that means open. I really don't know. I think that's the scary part. Her birthday is in October, and I have no idea what we're going to get her other than clothes. She really doesn't play with her toys anymore. The last few times we went to the store, and I said we would get her a toy, she didn't want any of them. She'd get excited, but then she'd freak out and yell no if we tried to give her anything. Tonight, she actually shuddered because I was going to get her a Dora doll. She loves Dora. It's good, I guess. She doesn't want things. But seriously... What kid turns down toys? It's almost disturbing.

No comments: